Outdoor fun for all ages and abilities! Bewl Water is the largest stretch of open water in the South East. The 800 acre site is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the heart of the High Weald.
* Brilliant ship themed play area, with sand
* Huge grassy slope overlooking the water - great for picnics!
* Enjoy a leisurely walk along well-maintained paths around the lake
* Cycling! Bring your own or hire bikes from the shop. Click here for more
* Wildlife! There are over 200 species of birds here, as well as huge fish,
frogs, newts, dragonflies and mini-beasts along the banks of the lake
* Large cafe with views across the water
Bewlbridge Lane, Lamberhurst, Kent, TN3 8JH
£4 per car, all day. Pay on entry by cash or card.
Walk as far as you wish. The 12 ½ mile Round Water Route is open to cyclists during the dryer summer months.
Open at 8am. Closes 30 mins before sunset
The path to Seven Pound Creek Jetty and to Hatherells Jetty is suitable for wheelchairs with wide tyres. A water taxi service is available for trips to and from the jetties from 10am-4pm. Click here for details. Maps showing the walking and cycling routes and water taxi set down points are available for £1 each (enquire on entry).
Pedalos and Rowing Boats are available to hire at weekends from Spring 2019. Click here for further information.
Dogs are welcome at Bewl Water, but must be kept under control at all times. If they are obedient and will not interfere with wildlife or the enjoyment of other users then they may be exercised off the lead, but must be kept out of the water at all times. There is a dog friendly seating area at the Waterfront Cafe.