There is plenty to entertain the family for the whole day at this oasis of tranquility.
* Discover the woodland and lakeside trails and cycle paths
* Play in the adventure playground
* Conquer the maze and discover the walled garden
* Test your strength in the outdoor gym
* Visit the huge variety of animals in the nature centre (small admission
* Try a water sport or aerial adventure (chargeable activities)
Titmus Drive, Tilgate, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 5PQ
£1.10 per hour or £5.50 all day
Parking charges: 9am-6pm (9am-4pm winter).
The entire park is wheel friendly, with lovely smooth paths.
Dogs are welcome at the park, but must be kept on a lead around the lake. Please note that dogs are not allowed in the walled garden (where the cafe and Nature Centre are situated).
In addition to the ample free entertainment, Tilgate Park also boasts a Nature Centre, housing over 100 different animal species. From otters to owls, mongoose to mice and parrots to pigs, there are so many animals to learn about. Whilst entry to the centre is not free, given it’s quality and size it is very reasonably priced and is well worth a visit. Entrance is currently just £3.50 for adults, £2.50 for 2-16 year olds and Free for Under 2s.