Warnham Local Nature Reserve
A stunning 17-acre millpond lies at the heart of this peaceful nature reserve
* Discovery Trail - this new trail is packed with information about the wildlife found at the reserve and fun facts for children!
* Extensive boardwalk over the reserve's water habitats
* Birds! There are five hides around the reserve (currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions) providing great views across the water.
Free until further notice (normally £2/adult).
Warnham Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 2RA
The paths on the Discovery Trail are generally a mix of compacted stone, grass and boardwalk and are pushchair/wheelchair friendly. A recently laid loose stone path from the temporary entrance will make pushing tricky for the first 100m.
The Plantation route is unsurfaced, with just a light covering of woodchip. We advise wearing covered shoes if attempting this route after a period of wet weather. The Plantation route also has 4 shallow and well-distanced steps up a hill - these should prove no problem for pushchairs, but may be tricky for wheelchairs.
The Heron's Rest Cafe serves snacks and light refreshments and has both indoor and outdoor (courtyard) seating.
Picnics are not allowed on the reserve, but may be consumed in the picnic area beside the visitor centre.
No dogs or bikes allowed on the reserve.
Construction of the new Discovery Hub building is currently underway (June '20). When complete, the hub will offer amazing views across the millpond, however at present, the construction site partially obscures the view.
Current COVID-19 restrictions:
* One (accessible) toilet open for everyone
* Cafe, visitor centre and bird hides all closed
* A one-way system makes for easy social distancing
* Free entry (usually £2/adult). A donation box is located by the temporary entrance
* Reserve closes at 4pm until further notice