Alice Holt Forest
There is an automated dog wash for muddy pooches by the exit!
A genuinely fantastic day out for the whole family, that is really worth travelling for! Designed for children of all ages, Alice Holt makes forest walking fun for everyone with its mix of sculptures, play structures and wooden obstacles to enjoy en-route.
* Four fantastic family walking trails to discover - including wheel-friendly paths
* Navigate the Easy Access Trail to find the Gruffalo sculptures
* Climb inside the magnificent wooden animal structures (Habitat Trail)
* Play in the brilliant natural play areas
* Enjoy a bike ride on one of 2 family trails
Bucks Horn Oak, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4LS
Peak times (weekends, school and bank holidays): £5 (up to 2 hrs), £7 (up to 3 hrs), £9 (up to 4 hrs), £12 (all day). Pay on exit - card payments accepted. Off peak charges are a little lower and apply weekdays, term time only
8am til dusk daily. Closed Christmas Day
If this is your first visit to Alice Holt, then you'll definitely want to spend several hours here.
There are 3 main play areas:
- A good sized playground (to the left of the entrance) full of wooden play structures.
- The play area on the Timberline Trail is more of a woodland obstacle course. Our 6 year old loved it, but needed assistance in places
- The animal themed wooden play structures on the Habitat Trail will be enjoyed by all, though some are not suitable for very young children.
Activity packs for the Gruffalo orienteering trail can be purchased from the Visitor Centre for £1.50 (just one per family needed). This includes a trail map and question booklet. Discover the twelve posts dotted around the trail and use the information provided to answer the questions.
There is a modern cafe, with indoor and outdoor seating, serving a good range of hot and cold food. Alternatively, bring a picnic and make use of one of the many picnic tables around the site.
Dogs are welcome at Alice Holt. They need to be kept on leads in the central area, but are allowed off lead in the forest if under control.
Bikes and trailers for adults and children are available to hire from the activity centre, which is located close to the entrance.
Please note: Whilst admission to Alice Holt is free, parking charges are significant. The money you pay for parking helps Forestry England to look after the forest.