A pleasant circular route takes visitors around the open parkland of East Court mansion and the ancient woodland of Ashplats Wood.
* Explore the woodland trails and bridges
* Climb the Ghyll steps. How many are there?
* Discover the woodland playground (older children)
* Run off excess energy in the grounds of East Court mansion
* Visit the play area beside the mansion (younger children)
College Lane, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3YW
Our suggested route is 2.8 km
The route is maintained to allow it to be accessible for most of the year, but please note there are some steep slopes and steps within the woodland (Ghyll Steps - marked on map), making it unsuitable for pushchairs, bikes and scooters.
There is a wonderful woodland playground (suitable for children aged 7+) situated adjacent to the parking area (see map). The Upper East Court playground (opposite mansion) is better-suited to younger children.