Bramber Riverside Walk
Combine this walk with a visit to Bramber Castle - just a short walk from the car park.
A pretty, flat walk along the banks of the River Adur, which is suitable for the whole family
* Peaceful river-side walk
* Access for all path - suitable for wheelchair users
* Wonderful views of the South Downs
* Seeing wildlife. Panels en route provide information about what can be
seen in each season.
* Discover the charming village of Bramber
The Street, Bramber, BN44 3WE
Free parking in village car park
1.5 km each way (but turn around whenever you wish).
The surfaced path, runs along the riverbank for 1.7 km. Beyond this point the path is unsurfaced and narrower. When you've had enough, simply turn around and retrace your steps.
Don't be tempted to follow the Bridleway signs on your way back. The path is not as pretty, and passes close to the busy road in places.
To access the walk:
1) From the car park, cross the road and turn left.
2) Follow the pavement past St. Mary's House (black and white) and turn right at the footpath sign along the access path to St Mary's car park and Downlands Park.
3) Look for another footpath sign to the left. Follow this path along the riverbank (turning right along the river bank)
NB: Cycling is not permitted on the riverbank path.