Combine your trip to the beach with a stunning walk along the cliffs - see 'Holywell'
Huge expanse of rockpools exposed at low-tide - hours of fun for the whole family!
* Search for crabs and other marine life in the many rock pools
* Enjoy the playground and pretty gardens of nearby Helen Gardens
* Admire the dramatic chalk cliffs of Falling Sands
Duke's Drive, Eastbourne, BN20 7XL
Free on street parking (nr. St Bedes school) - restricted to 4 hours Mon-Sat 1 Apr-31 Oct
Best at low tide or an hour or two either side
Access to the beach is by one of two routes (see map):
1) Via a set of very steep steps, accessed by a path to the side of St Bede's
2) Via a surfaced, pushchair accessible road (pretty much traffic-free). Please
note, this road is generally steep and not suitable for scooting.
Dogs are welcome on the beaches in this area, but must be kept under control. However, there is no shade on the beach, so please bear that in mind on hot days.
The lower promenade along Eastbourne seafront is smooth and wheel-friendly (though cycling is not permitted).
Children will enjoy a stop-off at the playground in Helen Gardens (see map) on the way back to the car; whilst you admire the sea views!