The centre offers free activities at weekends throughout the year. Click here for info.
This is a genuinely fabulous place to visit with children. Raystede is a charity, which rescues, shelters, rehomes and provides sanctuary to a wide range of unwanted and abandoned animals. The large (43 acre) site is modern and has been designed with children in mind
* Meeting the animals - cats, dogs, goats, sheep, horses, donkeys, rabbits,
small animals, tortoises, chickens, turkeys and waterfowl
* Interactive games and educational displays
* Discovery walk - clearly signposted and dog friendly
* Feed the ducks and geese on the lakes with corn (provided free of
* Unique children's play area - can you climb like a cat, burrow like a gerbil
or balance like a goat?
* Visitor centre and pet shop
* Wonderful cafe (dog friendly)
The Broyle, Ringmer, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
Raystede is a charity which is entirely reliant on donations. Visitors are asked to make a donation to enable the centre to continue its excellent work.
Allow around 2-3 hours for your visit.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead. Waste bins are provided.
Please note: Although there are a number of buildings at Raystede, the majority of your time here will be spent outside.