Seaford Head Reserve
Take your camera! There are lots of amazing photo opportunities here.
The best spot to enjoy spectacular views of the Seven Sisters cliffs and Cuckmere Valley. This coastal walk from South Hill barn car park is surely a strong contender for the best walk in Sussex!
* Spectacular views of the Seven Sisters cliffs and river Cuckmere
* Iconic Coastguard cottages
* Beach combing & stone skimming
* Wildlife! During the spring and summer months the air is filled with
butterflies and beautiful birdsong. Rabbits are abundant year-round.
South Hill Barn, Chyngton Way Seaford, BN25 4JQ
Free parking in South Hill Barn Car Park
2.7 km (1.7 miles).
All day, every day
This walk is great because the chalk paths and grassy rides mean it stays relatively mud-free, even in periods of very wet weather. However, uneven surfaces make it generally unsuitable for pushchairs.
1) From the bottom of the car park, take the path which descends gently downhill, providing stunning views all the way to the beach.
2) On your return, pass the Coastguards cottages and at the fork in the path, turn left, following the cliff edge. Stay on this path until you reach Hope Gap (marked with an information board and steps down to the beach).
3) At this point, turn right, following the grassy ride back uphill to the car park.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on the lead when walking along the cliff edge.