The Undercliff Walk
Enjoy the Undercliff Walk one way, then catch one of the frequent coastal buses back.
The Undercliff Walk is a brilliant option for a family outing, whatever the weather. Suitable for pedestrians, dogs and all types of wheels! The walk follows a wide, flat, concrete path which runs from Brighton Marina to Saltdean (just over 5 kms away).
There is plenty to see along the way:
* Watch the hustle and bustle of the marina and busy boat yard
* Fantastic rock pooling beaches
* Cliff-nesting sea birds
* Snack kiosks and toilets en route
Unnamed Road (behind ASDA), Brighton, BN2 5UT
Free parking at Marina for up to 4 hours
As far as you wish (up to 10.5 km)
All day, every day
Be warned that during high tides and stormy weather, waves may occasionally come over the sea wall. There may also be shingle on the path in some places.
Access to the walk at the marina is via a ramp to the rear of the Asda supermarket car park.
Walk options -
1) Walk or wheel a little way along, before turning around and returning to the marina.
2) Walk or wheel to Rottingdean (4km) or Saltdean (5km) and get one of the frequent buses back to the marina. Dogs and children under 5 are free. There is an ATM in Rottingdean, where you could withdraw cash for your bus fare!
3) Walk or wheel to Saltdean and back (approx. 10.5km)