Free Places to Visit in & Around Crawley
The large town of Crawley is located in the northeastern corner of West Sussex, close to Gatwick Airport. There are plenty of great free places to visit in and around the town. Here are our top recommendations:
- Explore beautiful lakeside trails at Buchan Country Park and Tilgate Park
- Discover the Worth Way Trail - the perfect destination for a family bike ride!
- Take a stroll around Goffs Park, the oldest park in Crawley!
- Learn about the legend of a fearsome dragon at nearby St Leonard's Forest
- Follow the boardwalk trail through Leechpool Woods.
In addition, nearby Nymans and Wakehurst, owned by the National Trust, are excellent days out and are free for NT members.
Crawley has a population of approximately 112,000. The town lies 18 miles north of Brighton and 28 miles south of London. Crawley has good rail links, and is served by two stations, Crawley (with connections to Horsham, Bognor Regis and Portsmouth) and Three Bridges on the London to Brighton Mainline.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Crawley! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!