Free Places to Visit in & Around Bexhill-on-Sea
Bexhill-on-Sea is a peaceful seaside town in East Sussex. The seafront has a relaxed feel, without the bustle of larger resort beaches. The wide prom is the perfect place for a walk, scoot or cycle with little ones and the gently sloping shingle beach remains relatively quiet even in peak season. The famous De La Warr Pavilion is a focal point of the seafront; a beautiful Art Deco building that is now a centre for contemporary arts.
Looking for free places to visit in and around Bexhill?
- Head to beautiful Egerton Park (located just behind the seafront) with its brilliant play zone and wooden adventure playground
- Discover tree-climbing paradise and super-easy family walking trails at Highwoods
- Explore enormous Alexandra Park (15 min drive) - its water reservoirs provide a picturesque backdrop for a family walk, scoot or cycle
- Let the kids play in lovely Princes Park (20 min drive). The Splash Pad is a must for pre-schoolers on sunny days. The park is located opposite the seafront, so you can combine your visit with a walk along Eastbourne prom.
- Call in at Sharnfold Farm - younger children will love meeting the animals on the farm trail.
- Take a walk in the stunning South Downs National Park, with a scenic circular route suitable for the whole family at Butts Brow near Eastbourne.
Bexhill-on-Sea has a population of around 41,000 and is located on the south coast between Eastbourne and Hastings. Trains to Hastings and Eastbourne take 10 and 20 minutes respectively.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Bexhill! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!