The coastal village of Saltdean, is approximately 5 miles to the east of Brighton. Famed for its iconic Art Deco open air swimming pool - Saltdean Lido.
Looking for free places to take the family nearby? These are our suggestions:
- Go rockpooling in Rottingdean. Take the Undercliff Path from Saltdean to Rottingdean, or park at Brighton Marina and take the Undercliff Path to Rottingdean. The concrete surface is great for walking, scooting or cycling!
- Discover nearby Big Park (8 min by car) with its outstanding adventure playground made from natural materials
- Take a walk at nearby Castle Hill (9 min by car), a National Nature Reserve within the South Downs National Park. Brilliant views across the steeply folded landscape!
- Discover great playgrounds in neighbouring Brighton - The Level and King's Road are both within 15 min drive of Saltdean.
- Explore Stanmer country park on the network of trails. Admire the 18th century Manor House and visit the tiny village of Stanmer
- Find the remains of the 19th century mill village of Tidemills
- Blow the cobwebs away whilst admiring the stunning views at Ditchling Beacon (13 min drive), part of the South Downs National Park.
Saltdean has a population of around 13,000. Frequent bus services connect the village with the centre of Brighton and the nearby towns of Peacehaven, Newhaven and Seaford.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Saltdean! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!