Free Places to Visit in & Around Worthing
Located at the foot of the South Downs in the county of West Sussex, Worthing is a delightful seaside town with plenty of free family fun in and around the town:
- Explore the seafront, with its wide, open prom, two fantastic beach-themed playgrounds and pier
- Take a trip to Lancing Ring local nature reserve (13 min away) - a pleasant spot for a walk at any time of year but a photographer's dream in June when the poppies are out!
- Visit Lancing Beach Green (14 min away) - clamber on huge rocks, discover the cool modern playground, frolic on the sand revealed at low tide and scoot along the prom.
- Climb to the top of Cissbury Ring (16 min away) and spot wild ponies at the site of the largest Iron Age hill fort in Sussex.
- Blow away the cobwebs at Ditchling Beacon (22 min away), whilst admiring breathtaking 360 degree views.
Worthing has a population of around 105,000 and is located 10 miles west of Brighton and 18 miles east of Chichester. Direct trains to Brighton take 29 min and Chichester 31 min.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Worthing! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!