Free Places to Visit in & Around Battle
Battle is a small market town in the county of East Sussex. Famous for its medieval abbey, the town is popular with tourists and has a pretty high street, filled with independent shops and cafes.
There are plenty of free places to visit within a short drive of Battle.
- Explore the ancient woodlands at Brede High Woods
- Discover tree-climbing paradise and super-easy family walking trails at Highwoods
- Visit enormous Alexandra Park - its water reservoirs provide a picturesque backdrop for a family walk, scoot or cycle
- Head to Bedgebury Pinetum for a fabulous all day adventure. Navigate the Zog activity trail with its woodland obstacles and adventure play areas.
- Experience the beauty of Bewl Water. Enjoy a leisurely walk around the water and perhaps catch a water taxi back.
In addition, nearby National Trust owned Bodiam Castle and Batemans offer great days out for the family and are free for NT Members.
Battle has a small population of around 7,000. It is located inland, 6.5 miles north of Hastings. Trains to London Bridge, Tunbridge Wells and Hastings take 1 hr 16 mins, 32 mins and 15 mins respectively.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has 100+ FREE family days out in Sussex!