Free Places to Visit in & Around Brighton & Hove
Brighton & Hove is a seaside city in the county of East Sussex. The city (the largest in South East England) was formed in 2001, when the towns of Brighton and Hove were united. The city is located 47 miles south of London.
There is plenty of free family fun to be found in this vibrant city!
- The seafront is a great place for a walk! Discover the Palace Pier for fine views, arcades and amusements. See the i360 (the world's tallest observation tower) and take a selfie with the iconic West Pier backdrop. Skim stones on the beach and explore the unique shops and galleries in the arches that run between the piers. Little ones will love the brightly coloured King's Road playground (by the West Pier).
Beyond the seafront:
- Visit The Level - central Brighton's fab adventure playground, fountains and skatepark
- Go on a mini-adventure in The Rockery at Preston Park, the largest municipal rock garden in the UK!
- Discover the fascinating Booth Museum of Natural History with its over half a million exhibits of taxidermy, butterflies, fossils and bones! (within walking distance of the station)
- Blow the cobwebs away whilst admiring the stunning views at nearby Castle Hill, Devil's Dyke and Ditchling Beacon, beauty spots in the South Downs National Park.
- Take a stroll around Brighton Marina (the largest in the UK) then head to the adjacent Undercliff Path for a walk, scoot or cycle. You can even go rockpooling along the way!
- Explore Stanmer country park on the network of trails. Admire the 18th century Manor House and visit the tiny village of Stanmer
Brighton & Hove has a population of around 290,000. The city has excellent train links with neighbouring towns and the station is just under a mile from Brighton Palace pier. Trains to London take approximately an hour.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Brighton & Hove! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!