Free Places to Visit in & Around Hailsham
Hailsham, a market town in the county of East Sussex, is located 9 miles north of Eastbourne. There are plenty of free family-friendly places to visit in and around the town:
- Young and old alike will enjoy getting up close to one of the greatest mysteries of the Sussex countryside at the Long Man of Wilmington
- Enjoy a gentle circular walk, suitable for the whole family, at Arlington Reservoir
- Take the kids on a bike ride along the Cuckoo Trail, a former railway track which runs from Heathfield to Polegate
- Explore ancient woodland at Abbot's Wood and nearby Park Wood or walk over chalk grassland with a scenic circular walk at Butts Brow.
- Discover the wonderful village of Alfriston - one of Sussex's prettiest(!) and take a stroll beside the River Cuckmere.
- Call in at Sharnfold Farm - younger children will love meeting the animals on the farm trail.
Hailsham has a population of around 20,000. The nearest station is in Polegate (3 miles away) where rail services run to Eastbourne (7 min) and Hastings (40 min), Lewes (13 min) and London (1hr 20 min).
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Hailsham! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!