Free Places to Visit in & Around Heathfield
Heathfield is a small market town in East Sussex. Located 17 miles north of the coastal resort of Eastbourne, 14 miles south of Tunbridge Wells and 8 miles to the east of Uckfield. There is plenty of free family fun to be had in and around the town. Here are our suggestions:
- Take the kids on a bike ride along the Cuckoo Trail, a former railway track which runs from Heathfield to Polegate
- Explore ancient woodland at Abbot's Wood and nearby Park Wood
- Nearby Raystede animal sanctuary is a fantastic place to visit with children of all ages!.
- Enjoy a gentle circular walk, suitable for the whole family, at Arlington Reservoir
- Meet the animals at Sharnfold Farm - younger children in particular will enjoy the small farm trail
- Discover the circular lakeside trail at Lake Wood, which offers a unique combination of shady woodland walking, huge sandstone rocks and tranquil waterside views.
In addition, the brilliant National Trust owned Batemans is a good family day out. National Trust Members get in free of charge!
Heathfield has a population of around 8,000. Bus services connect Heathfield with neighbouring towns and villages.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Heathfield! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!