Free Places to Visit in & Around Shoreham-by-Sea
The seaside town and port of Shoreham-by-Sea lies at the mouth of the River Adur, between the towns of Brighton (7 miles) and Worthing (6 miles). There are plenty of free things to do and places to visit within a short drive of the town.
- Discover Lancing Beach Green - clamber on huge rocks, discover the cool modern playground, frolic on the sand revealed at low tide and scoot along the prom.
- Explore Lancing Ring local nature reserve - a pleasant spot for a walk at any time of year but a photographer's dream in June when the poppies are out!
- Take a gentle stroll beside the River Adur on the 'Access for All' surfaced trail in nearby Bramber. Then discover the ruins of the nearly thousand-year-old Bramber castle.
- Visit Worthing seafront (12 min by car) with its pier, wide promenade and themed seafront playgrounds
-Explore Stanmer Country Park. Admire the 18th century Manor House and visit the tiny village of Stanmer
- Let the kids play in unique Hove Lagoon; a compact park with a beach-side location. The cool Cafe here is owned by famous local Norman Cook a.k.a. Fat Boy Slim! Best in the summer months when the large traditional paddling pool is open.
- Blow away the cobwebs at the nearby South Downs National Park beauty spots of Devil's Dyke or Ditchling Beacon, whilst admiring breathtaking 360 degree views.
- Discover glorious Hove Park with its great play area.
- See over half a million exhibits(!) of taxidermy, butterflies, fossils and bones at the fascinating Booth Museum of Natural History
Shoreham-by-Sea has a population of around 21,000. Direct trains from Shoreham to Worthing and Brighton take 9 and 13 min respectively. Trains to London Victoria station take 1 hr 16 min.
Did you know? I Spy Fun has hundreds of FREE family days out in Sussex! Discover great places to visit, things to do & family activities in and around Shoreham! For kids of all ages (even adults) I Spy Fun has Indoor and outdoor activities; many free attractions; wheelchair, pushchair, scooter, bike and dog friendly adventures too!